Things that cheer me up:
- Using a segment of the Malleus Maleficarum with my students during a style lesson. We clarified Chapter XIII - "How Witch Midwives commit most Horrid Crimes when they either Kill children or offer them to Devils in most Accursed Wise," making it more concise than the original. All in all, much more exciting than our style text. I do have to wonder what people walking by our classroom thought if they heard my students talking about grinding down babies' bones. But, the students and I all had a good time - there was a lot of laughter.
- Cleaning and organizing a closet. Really!
- Planning my baking for next week. I'm in charge of organizing breakfast for a panel discussion during our grad student recruitment event. I'm thinking about making a blueberry buckle and some sort of crumb cake. Naturally, there will be healthy items, too.
- Putting together an informational packet for our prospective students. Sounds tedious, right. Well, I totally geek out when given the opportunity to format and arrange documents/brochures/etc. I worked out my own style sheet. You can decide for yourself what this says about me.
- More cleaning. It really does leave me feeling better.
- And, of course, all of the sunshine this weekend. It certainly wasn't warm, but there was sun.
- I did no dissertation-related work. I feel like I can go back to work on Monday.